Lead or join a team of friends and family – in person or online – who pool resources to personally sponsor a student and provide the opportunity to attend the Institute!
Your Support in Action
As part of a Heifetz Scholarship Team, you and your fellow members will help to fulfill our mission of training exceptional young musicians to become well-rounded communicative artists. Aside from your financial support, your involvement will strengthen the social bonds of our community by providing a forum for individuals to come together through their shared love and support of the arts. You will contribute to expanding diversity in the Shenandoah Valley by supporting the Institute and its global outreach, which attracts students and faculty from across the globe. And with the Institute’s operations and programming partly conducted online, team members may join from anywhere in the world.
We always treasure your support, but in this moment in particular your generosity will help us face the task ahead with all our energy. Though the challenges presented by the global pandemic cannot be understated, with your help we are determined to continue the Institute’s vital role in shaping the lives and future careers of young musicians who have the power to Communicate – Engage – Inspire even in these trying times.
To field 8 teams each raising a minimum of a half-scholarship ($3,737) and up to a full-scholarship ($7,474).
Local Scholarship Teams:
- Receive an introductory email about your Sponsor Student in advance of the summer program, complete with bio, photos, and links to performance/audition videos.
- Receive weekly notifications of any upcoming performances for your Sponsor Student (students generally perform at least two to three times throughout the summer)
- An invitation to Sponsor Saturday (July 15, 2023) (both in-person and online), where you can attend a special master class featuring Scholarship students with members of the Borromeo String Quartet, our Ensemble-in-Residence founded and led by Artistic Director Nicholas Kitchen. You will also have the opportunity to have a rare behind-the-scenes look at some of the teaching that happens here at Heifetz in the summertime, and to see scholarship students in both solo and chamber-music settings.
- Receive direct links to view all performance videos of your Sponsor Student throughout the summer Institute, and receive unlimited access to all online programming through a Virtual Season Pass.
- Attend a Potluck House Concert in which your Scholarship Team members and your Sponsor Student will share an evening of music, meals, and merriment.
- Sponsorships start at $300 (per household) – JOIN NOW
Want to join but don’t have a team? We’ll be happy to find a match for you – simply email the Scholarship Team Coordinator, Andrew Green at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Remote Scholarship Teams:
- Receive an introductory email in advance of the summer program about the pool of Scholarship recipients who are able to attend the Institute through your support, complete with bio, photos, and links to performance and audition videos.
- During the summer program, you’ll get weekly updates including live streams and recorded video performances by Scholarship recipients.
- Regular updates directly from Scholarship students, including email messages, video updates, and audio recordings.
- An invitation to Sponsor Saturday (both in-person and online), where you can attend a special master class featuring Scholarship students with members of the Borromeo String Quartet, our Ensemble-in-Residence founded and led by Artistic Director Nicholas Kitchen. You will also have the opportunity to have a rare behind-the-scenes look at some of the teaching that happens here at Heifetz in the summertime, and to see your sponsored Scholarship students in both solo and chamber-music settings.
- A Virtual Season Pass that guarantees a view of all live-streamed Heifetz Festival of Concerts performances during the summer.
- Sponsorships start at $200 (per household) – JOIN NOW