- This event has passed.
Heifetz Ensemble In Residence (HEIR) – The Spring Eternal Concert Series – VIII: Old Delights & New Discoveries
May 2 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
Our Blackburn series continues with a perennial favorite by Mozart, the unsung brilliance of Bach’s oldest son, two wondrous quartet movements by Franz Schubert and George Walker, and culminates with a performance of Bratislava-born Ernst von Dohnanyi’s powerful piano quintet – his debut work written when he was just 18!
We are thrilled to open the curtain and present live concert music once again in Staunton at the The Blackburn Inn & Conference Center’s Great Hall with this safe and socially-distant series.
There are two ways to enjoy the program:
*Limited Capacity: 50 attendees*
General Admission: $20
“Quartet” (Table for Four): $70
Suggested Donation: $10
Meet the Performers
Kenneth Ryu Takebe Naito (Heifetz 2015-17, 2019, Heifetz on Tour), violin – Elkridge, MD
Adam Savage (Heifetz 2019), viola – Port St. Lucie, FL
Noelle Midori Takebe Naito (Heifetz 2016-17), violin – Elkridge, MD
Jingxuan Zhang (Heifetz 2018-19, Heifetz on Tour), piano – Durham, NC
Jared Blajian (Heifetz 2018), cello – New York, NY
View the Concert Program
“Old Delights & New Discoveries”
CPE Bach: Rondo in A minor, Wq. 56 No. 5
Jingxuan Zhang, piano
Mozart: Violin Concerto No. 5 in G Major, K. 219 “Turkish”
V. Rondeau. Tempo di Menuetto
Kenneth Naito, violin; Jingxuan Zhang, piano
Schubert: Quarettsatz in C minor, D. 703
Kenneth Naito, violin; Noelle Naito, violin; Adam Savage, viola; Jared Blajian, cello
George Walker: String Quartet No. 1
II. Lyric for Strings
Noelle Naito, violin; Kenneth Naito, violin; Adam Savage, viola; Jared Blajian, cello
Ernst von Dohnányi: Piano Quintet No. 1 in C minor, Op. 1
II. Scherzo: Allegro Vivace – Trio Reprise
III. Adagio, quasi andante
IV. Finale – Allegro animante, allegro
Noelle Naito, violin; Kenneth Naito, violin; Adam Savage, viola; Jared Blajian, cello; Jingxuan Zhang, piano
Health & Safety Measures
We look forward to welcoming you back to the concert hall. Your safety is paramount to us, and so we ask you to observe the following regulations:
- All reservations must be made in advance; there will be absolutely no admittance without a prior online reservation in order to ensure that we adhere to strict capacity limits.
- Capacity will be limited to 50 in compliance with the statewide Executive Order.
- Concerts will be held in the 3,900 square foot Great Hall, leaving ample space for social distancing of at least six feet between parties – required at all times before, during, and after the event.
- All attendees must wear masks at all times, and double-masking is strongly encouraged.
- All attendees are encouraged to use hand sanitizer upon entrance and use of the restrooms.
- Couples and families may sit together, but observe social distancing from other attendees.
- All chairs and surfaces will be sanitized before and after the performance.
- Enhanced Health & Safety protocols at the Blackburn Inn may be seen here.
Learn more about the inaugural Heifetz Ensemble in Residence