- This event has passed.
Heifetz Ensemble In Residence (HEIR) – The Spring Eternal Concert Series – V: “Meet the New HEIRS”
April 11, 2021 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
An introductory concert of sonatas, concertos, and other solo works featuring our new Ensemble members, followed by a “mini-recital” by Staunton-based pianist (and HeifetzPEG Faculty Member) Lynne Mackey, culminating a performance of Dvorák’s infectious Piano Quintet No. 2.
We are thrilled to open the curtain and present live concert music once again in Staunton at the The Blackburn Inn & Conference Center’s Great Hall with this safe and socially-distant series.
There are two ways to enjoy the program:
*Limited Capacity: 50 attendees*
General Admission: $20
“Quartet” (Table for Four): $70
Suggested Donation: $10
Meet the Performers
Kenneth Ryu Takebe Naito (Heifetz 2015-17, 2019, Heifetz on Tour), violin – Elkridge, MD
Adam Savage (Heifetz 2019), viola – Port St. Lucie, FL
Noelle Midori Takebe Naito (Heifetz 2016-17), violin – Elkridge, MD
Jingxuan Zhang (Heifetz 2018-19, Heifetz on Tour), piano – Durham, NC
Jared Blajian (Heifetz 2018), cello – New York, NY
View the Concert Program
“Meet the new HEIRS (with pianist Lynne Mackey)”
Eugène Ysaÿe: Violin Sonata Op. 27, No.3 in D minor, “Ballade”
I. Lento molto sostenuto
II. Allegro in tempo giusto e con bravura
Kenneth Naito, violin
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart: Violin Concerto No. 4 in D major, K. 218
Noelle Naito, violin; Jingxuan Zhang, piano
Carl Maria von Weber, arr. Gregor Piatagorsky: Adagio & Rondo
Jared Blajian, cello; Jingxuan Zhang, piano
Franz Schubert: Moment Musical No. 3 in F minor, D. 780
Clara Schumann: Romance in F-sharp major, Op. 28 No. 2
Pyotr Tchaikovsky: Nocturne, Op. 19 No. 4
Franz Liszt: Étude No.5 “La chasse”, from “Grandes études de Paganini” S.141
Lynne Mackey, piano
Antonín Dvořák: Piano Quintet No. 2 in A major, Op. 81
III. Scherzo (Furiant): Molto vivace
IV. Finale: Allegro
Kenneth Naito, violin; Noelle Naito, violin; Adam Savage, viola Jared Blajian, cello; Lynne Mackey, piano
Health & Safety Measures
We look forward to welcoming you back to the concert hall. Your safety is paramount to us, and so we ask you to observe the following regulations:
- All reservations must be made in advance; there will be absolutely no admittance without a prior online reservation in order to ensure that we adhere to strict capacity limits.
- Capacity will be limited to 50 in compliance with the statewide Executive Order.
- Concerts will be held in the 3,900 square foot Great Hall, leaving ample space for social distancing of at least six feet between parties – required at all times before, during, and after the event.
- All attendees must wear masks at all times, and double-masking is strongly encouraged.
- All attendees are encouraged to use hand sanitizer upon entrance and use of the restrooms.
- Couples and families may sit together, but observe social distancing from other attendees.
- All chairs and surfaces will be sanitized before and after the performance.
- Enhanced Health & Safety protocols at the Blackburn Inn may be seen here.
Learn more about the inaugural Heifetz Ensemble in Residence