Now enrolling for Fall 2021!
Have you ever dreamed of training with world class musicians while being simultaneously immersed in a stimulating academic and social environment? Imagine having the time to practice, study, and participate in school activities and co-curriculars without frantically working on homework in the car between commitments. Imagine living and learning with a diverse student body of musicians, artists, and creative thinkers from across the country and the world, all in the setting of Virginia’s stunning Shenandoah Valley.
Imagine yourself in Crescendo at Stuart Hall
About the Program
Stuart Hall School is a premier Episcopal day and boarding school located in Virginia’s Shenandoah Valley providing an exceptional college preparatory education for area day students in grades 5 through 12, and boarding students from around the world in grades 8 through 12. The School prepares students of all faiths for success in universities and for engaged lives of curiosity, creativity, and contribution. Through this innovative partnership with the Heifetz International Music Institute of Staunton, VA, the Crescendo program will offer Stuart Hall’s progressive curriculum alongside intensive music study in an environment that is developmentally appropriate and tailored to the well-being of these exceptional students. Daily activities include private lessons, chamber music study, studio classes, multimedia training, and the Institutes’ renowned Performance & Communication Training program which guides musicians to discover their full creative potential and express their individuality not only through technically and intellectually robust music making, but also through emotional and even physical engagement with the music they play.
The Crescendo arena of study includes:
- World–renowned faculty from such institutions as The Juilliard School, New England Conservatory, and the Manhattan School of Music with special expertise in teaching exceptional young musicians (see full Faculty list below)
- Two in-person private lessons per week
- One in-person chamber music coaching per week
- AP Music Theory
- Dedicated and customized Heifetz Performance and Communication Training courses, under the purview of Communication Director Daniel Pettrow. Disciplines include Yoga Public Speaking, Movement, Media Production, and Freedom of Expression, and will include one online and one in-person session per week.
- Junior and Senior Recitals
- Access to master classes, seminars, and other functions presented by the renowned faculty of the Heifetz Institute six-week summer program
- Additional training and mentorship will be provided by exceptional alumni of the Heifetz Institute participating in the Heifetz Ensemble in Residence (HEIR)
Heifetz Institute Artistic Director Nicholas Kitchen
Stuart Hall School is a premier Episcopal day and boarding school located in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, providing an exceptional college preparatory education for area day students in grades 4 through 12, and boarding students from around the world in grades 8 through 12. Progressive and innovative, the School regularly pushes independent education to the next frontier as it prepares its students for engaged lives of curiosity, creativity, and contribution.
To prepare students of all faiths for success in universities worldwide and for engaged lives of intellectual curiosity, creativity, and contribution.
Stuart Hall will be the school of choice for parents of boarding and day students who want their children to be independent, self-aware, self-directed, and motivated and who — through meaningful, real-world learning experiences — have obtained mastery in knowledge and skills essential for engaged contribution to the world.